Thursday, June 14, 2012

Picture story #2: Japan Day 2

I am so sorry this took me so long to post. :( I've been really busy with a lot of stuff. But now I have time for a lot of things! And I will blog about them every now and then.


Anyway, here's picture story #2!



This is Shimogamo Academy. It's a residence center run by Opus Dei. This is where we stayed for 6 days. We stayed in a beautiful cozy traditional tatami room.
On a bus ride headed to Kyoto University
That's my Japanese host sister right there. She is staying in Hyogo and I told her about my Kyoto trip and was more than excited to visit me and tour with us. She was able to find Shimogamo using the cab. Convenient!
Walking through the streets going to Kyoto University.
Just one of the many Toriis you'll find in Kyoto.
Just one of the many amazing architectural buildings in Kyoto
Facade of the University. Oh, that famous clock tower!
Look at those Japanese bikes. On the background you see a typical Japanese apartment.
This is my host sister posing in front of the very intricate architectural building of Kyoto University's Health Sciences.
This bulletin reminds me of Japanese dramas with school settings (of course)
On our way to Kyoto's oldest dormitory.
Look at that! It looks super traditional and old but still beautiful! I'm a sucker for old historical places!
Now headed to the famous Philosopher's walk!
Philosopher's walk!! This place looks amazing during the cherry blossom season... Too bad we were just a few weeks late. :( Still, this walkway looks very nice even without the cherry blossoms.
On our way to Ginkaku-ji!!
A better view of the Philosopher's walk... Imagine those cherry blossoms! It surely will bring out the Philosopher in you!
The streets were lined with restaurants...
shops...
and more shops!
That's me and my host sister posing along the walkway in the surroundings of Ginkaku-ji.
Look at the number of people! It was quite crowded... Well, it's Golden Week after all!
Ginkaku-ji surroundings =) very nature-y!
Pretty leaves!
A stamp to stamp (of course!) your entrance ticket for a souvenir. We just had to try it! Entrance tickets in Japan would always have to be pretty. In that way, they also serve as a souvenir of your trip!
And look at who we bumped into!! Maikos!
Up Close! Dream come true for me!!!
A Japanese rickshaw perfect for photos..
Back in the bus again...It's so packed!
Torii again! I think this is in Heian shrine.
A picture against a beautiful building!
Look at those flowers! Pretty!
Takoyaki! Authentic of course! We had to try it! I never really like Takoyaki from the Philippines so I  generalized that I hated Takoyaki. But THIS made me "taste" otherwise! I love it! It's super soft and rich and just pure awesome!
At Heian Shrine. It makes me think about China or Korea. =P
Standing by the wishing tree. :)
And we also visited the Kyoto Handicraft center. There were a lot of things to see there but we had so little energy left that we weren't able to browse through the wild array of stuffs offered here...I managed to take some pics though.
Surprisingly...when my host sister whipped out her own camera, we came to realize how coincidental it was to have the same exact camera. Only with different colors...We're really sister must I say :))


Second day was so Jam-packed with places and activities. I am so glad that my sister toured with us. :) Up next, pictures of Day 2 taken from my camera ;)














































































































0 comments:

 
template made by Sharnee from yummylolly.com