Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dream come true: Japan I’m coming back to youuuuuu!!

I got my Japanese VISA!! *jumps and dances* (I really don't know how to dance but this thing made me dance!)

It's been so long since I dreamed of going back to Japan. I went there last Jan 2006...It's been four years! And now, I finally had my dream come true (well, almost! Not till I get there yet!)

I got a Japanese Visa for a study tour I'll be joining this coming May. Four of us would tour Kyoto and get to have Japanese lessons there too! Ms. Mitzie, a friend of my aunt, is the one who organized the tour. This is her first time to organize such tour and I think it's going to be a success. She's planning on organizing another one again next year so those who are interested, tell me! =)

If you look at my pictures in my two visas, you'll see the year difference with how I look. I looked so young back then!




This was my old visa. I got this for an exchange student program.
(Sorry for the messy editing. I used only paint since it's the only
available photo editing program I have here in my laptop.)


This is a close-up of the visa's hologram thing.


And now, my new visa got me so excited! I loved the way it looks!




Again, sorry for the messy editing... Shame shame!
Look at the cute hologram though! I hope you can see the cute fan in the middle.


The whole thing is actually "hologramized" haha...



Another look. More holograms, see?


Here's a close up of the cute sakura hologram =)


Now I see the "kawaii" culture of Japan in this VISA. Why does the visa have to be this cute? I'm not complaining. Who would anyway? They're just too cute! One would love to get them without the intention of going to Japan! Kidding! Again, sorry for erasing certain information in my visa (you didn't get to appreciate the "whole" thing). Something in my mind tells me it's not safe to share those info to the world wiiiiide web. *wink*


So, here's how I got my Japanese Visa:
I printed out an application form from the Japanese embassy, filled it out and pasted a 2x2 picture
Attached a notarized affidavit of support from my aunt (She'll be the one sponsoring my trip)
Attached a bank certificate of my aunt
A birth certificate will be needed too but in my case, since I already had a previous visa, I need not provide them one.


I then submitted my documents to Ms. Mitzie, the tour organizer. She took care of all the other documents such as the iteneraries, the other details of the tour, etc. She filed the applications last march 24 and they granted it last march 25! Fast processing! We had to submit our applications to an accredited agency and they were the ones who filed it at the Japanese embassy since the embassy doesn't accept direct applications except for special people like (exchange students, diplomats, etc.) We didn't have to show up for an interview (I showed up for an interview for my exchange student visa) and the application in the embassy was free but we had to pay the agency 2,500 each applicant.


Anyhow, I'm all set for the trip! I got my visa and ticket, I just need to pack and gather energy and I'm all set to go! I'm soooo excited!

4 comments:

kg said...

super cute naman ng japanese visa! kulang nalang may hello kitty! :)

Vivi said...

@kg: super cute po no??? haha, the japanese embassy might do it! considering that hello kitty is their ambassador for (i can't remember though). =P

umleo23 said...

Nice! Welcome to blogging! Enjoy japan ehehehe

Vivi said...

@umleo23: Thanks!! Yes, i definitely will!! Will take lots of videos like you did!

 
template made by Sharnee from yummylolly.com